Recipes for type 2 diabetics: recipes for soups and main courses with pastries
Healthy people do not quite understand how difficult it is to compose their diet with diabetes mellitus. Some people believe that it is enough to exclude sweet foods from the menu, and there will be no more problems. However, in reality, this is not at all the case.
When a patient has type 2 diabetes, it is difficult to eat a balanced, tasty, and most importantly correct diet. This is despite the fact that there are recipes for diabetics on the Internet.
A patient with diabetes mellitus must adhere to a strict diet every day, monitor the amount of food consumed, and take into account their effect on blood sugar. In addition, after eating, you need to fix your condition, control the level of glucose in the blood. This is necessary then in order to correctly select dishes and products, as well as adjust their quantity.
Diet nutrition is not a one-time event, because this is what determines a person’s health, and most importantly his life. Correctly chosen dishes for diabetics can prolong the patient’s life, reduce the amount of medications taken to lower blood sugar.
Therefore, it is necessary to consider what menu should be for diabetes mellitus, what healthy foods are allowed to be included in it? And also find out what type 2 diabetics baked goods are?
What should be the first course?
When composing your diet for diabetes mellitus, it is necessary to give an important place to first courses, like soup, borscht, cabbage soup and others. The recipes are very diverse and have beneficial properties.
Soup with mushrooms, vegetables or cooking on the basis of a broth from lean meat or fish fillets are the first courses that significantly diversify a strict diet. And on holidays, you can even cook a fragrant hodgepodge, which includes only permitted food.
It should be noted that soups are useful for diabetes not only of the second, but also of the first type. In addition, it should be emphasized that if, against the background of the disease, the patient is overweight, or obesity is diagnosed altogether, then it is recommended to give preference to first courses exclusively on vegetables, just as the classic diet with high sugar recommends .
It is these recipes for diabetics that will provide the human body with energy, vitamins and nutrients, while helping to reduce body weight.
Since the staple foods that make up the first courses have a low glycemic index, ready meals will not increase blood glucose levels either. Therefore, it is recommended to make soup the main dish on the menu.
Nevertheless, despite all the usefulness and other benefits of the first courses, it is important to consider some of the nuances:
- When preparing the first course, only fresh vegetables are taken. Do not add vegetables that have previously been frozen or canned to food. Since there are practically no nutrients in them, and there will be no benefit to the body.
- For the first courses, it is better to use lean beef or fish, the “first broth” is necessarily drained, and the dish is cooked in the “second broth”.
- To improve the taste of your dish, vegetables can be pre-fried with the addition of a small amount of butter. It is worth noting that the soup will be delicious, but still healthy.
- It is recommended to include first courses in your diet, based on bone broth.
Soup is undoubtedly the best first course for diabetes. However, you can also cook borsch, pickle, cabbage soup, okroshka, etc., but use them no more than once every seven days.
It is important to note: during the cooking process, the patient should forget about such a method of cooking as frying.
First course recipes
Pea soup is not only vitamins and nutrients, but also a tangible benefit for diabetics, as it contains fiber that does not increase blood sugar when compared with other foods.
It is advisable to use only fresh peas. But, since finding fresh peas can be quite problematic, in order not to deny yourself the preparation of a tasty and nutritious dish, you can take frozen. Dried should be discarded, it will not be useful.
The basis for the first course is beef broth. If the doctor has not forbidden, then potatoes, vegetables, carrots, onions can be added to the soup.
Pea soup has a low glycemic index, is easy to prepare, healthy and nutritious. In addition, it has the following properties beneficial to humans:
- Promotes the improvement of metabolic processes in the body.
- Provides strengthening of the vascular walls of the blood.
- Significantly reduces the likelihood of developing cancerous growths.
- Reduces the risk of developing diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Acts as a source of energy.
To prepare the soup, you will need 400 grams of fresh product, 150 grams of finely chopped potatoes, one small onion, and about 100 grams of grated carrots.
All vegetables are pre-washed, peeled and cut, then they are sent to a saucepan with a boiling “second” broth. Then, peas are dipped into a saucepan, which are well washed. Cook for about one hour.
Vegetable soup can consist of a variety of vegetables, as long as they are fresh. Ideally, when the first course includes any varieties of cabbage, tomatoes, a lot of greens (for example, spinach).
To make soup, you can take one vegetable as a basis or several vegetables at once. Recipes for type 2 diabetics are quite simple to execute, and do not require much effort to prepare:
- Peel, wash, cut all vegetables as you like.
- Add a little vegetable oil, simmer in a pan.
- Dip the stewed vegetables into the broth on meat or fish.
- Warm up over low heat for 10 minutes.
Upon completion of cooking, the vegetable soup should be given a small amount of time to infuse, it is enough to leave it in a sealed container for 15 minutes, and then you can eat the “diabetic” soup.
Second course, what can you cook?
Second courses for diabetes mellitus should also contain healthy and nutritious foods that do not increase blood sugar.
There are many different recipes that will diversify your diet, and will not let your meals become boring.
A tasty and healthy dish is zucchini stuffed with buckwheat and mushrooms. To prepare it, you will need two medium-sized zucchini, about 100 grams of buckwheat, 250 grams of fresh mushrooms, one onion, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tomatoes and literally two teaspoons of low-fat sour cream.
The recipe looks like this:
- Wash the buckwheat, send it to boil. When the water boils, add finely chopped onions to it. After cooking for 15 minutes.
- Chop the garlic into gruel, finely chop the fresh mushrooms. Then fry everything in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Then add buckwheat and onion to the mushrooms in a frying pan, mix.
- Peel the zucchini from the middle. Fry the “middle” in a pan with tomatoes, add sour cream and a “drop” of oil.
- Put the boats on a baking sheet, put the mushrooms and onions in them, add tomatoes and sour cream on top of each zucchini.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
The result is not only a tasty and healthy, but also a hearty dish. Ready zucchini can be garnished with fresh tomatoes, sprinkled with herbs or a little grated cheese.
To cook pork liver in tomato sauce, you will need the following foods:
- 600 grams of liver.
- 200 grams of fresh tomatoes or 100 grams of tomato paste.
- Parsley, dill, pepper.
First you need to boil the liver in salted water, drain the liquid. Fry chopped onions and carrots in butter – 5-8 minutes.
Cut the liver into portioned pieces, sprinkle with browned vegetable mixture. If the dish contains fresh tomatoes, then they must be removed from the skin and stewed in a pan until you get a “homemade” pasta, then add to the liver. Add tomato paste just like that.
Pour hot water over the liver, sprinkle with herbs, add seasonings, close the lid and simmer for 30 minutes. It is worth noting that it is permissible to use low-fat sour cream instead of pasta, but it is important to take into account that the carbohydrate content in the dish will increase.
How to make sweet pastries?
In diabetes mellitus, it is recommended to limit the intake of carbohydrates into the human body. In this regard, all baked goods based on wheat flour are excluded from the diet.
However, people who cannot imagine their life without sweet foods should not be upset, because there are delicious recipes that are developed taking into account all the features of an insidious disease.
To prepare baked goods, flour of exceptionally coarse grinding is taken as a basis, you can use wheat bran.
It is not recommended to add butter to baked goods; it is replaced by vegetable fats or low-fat margarine. With this approach, sugar after eating will not skyrocket.
Features of baking for diabetes mellitus:
- All sweet ingredients are replaced by sweeteners, preferably natural ones.
- The filling is made only from the list of products that are allowed to be consumed. For sweet pies, you can use permitted fruits, and for savory pastries, you can use permitted meat and vegetables.
- The calorie content of a ready-made dish is of no small importance, therefore, when eating delicious pastries, it is important to take it into account.
People who love homemade cakes can be pampered with a delicious carrot pie. To prepare it, you will need the following food products:
- 250 grams of fresh chopped carrots.
- 150 grams of chopped nuts (any).
- 50 grams of flour (it is important to remember that it is allowed to take only coarse flour).
- 160 grams of natural sugar substitute.
- 60 grams – rye crackers (crushed into crumbs).
- 4 chicken eggs.
- A small amount of baking soda, salt on the tip of a knife, a pinch of cinnamon.
Mix flour with nuts, soda, salt, ground breadcrumbs. Separate the yolks from the whites, and mix the yolks with fructose (2/3), cinnamon, beat with a mixer to form a thick and persistent foam.
A dry mixture is introduced into the protein foam (literally one spoon at a time), then a carrot is added, and everything is mixed. Next, beat the proteins with fructose (1/3) until a cool foam, add to the mixture, mix again.
Grease a baking sheet with margarine, put baking paper on it, pour the mixture. Bake at a temperature of 180 degrees until tender.
Despite the fact that diabetes mellitus implies the rejection of certain foods, this does not mean at all that the diet will become bland and tasteless. As the practice of many diabetics shows, with the proper desire and application of strength, you can eat varied, and most importantly, tasty.